Friday, August 22, 2008

India Medals Dream @ Olympics - My Pledge :

India's olympics campaign ended today with a bronze, and for the 1st Time in History India has won 3 Medals in the Olympics with 1 Individual goal (1st time as well). Wohoooooooooooooo, again, better late than never!.

Over a casual conversation on GChat with one of my friends, I jokingly said that I Promise to make all efforts to make sure my Son/Daughter can win 1 Medal (gold :P) in either swimming / tennis for the country.

But on hindsight, this might not be a bad idea. I mean, a lot of our parents thought that "..i wish my son would grow up to be a doctor / engineer / successful businessman"... " ..i wish my son would grow up to be a cricketer / bollywood star!"... but none of them would ever think of a medal in Olympics!. Its a fact that in the Indian society everything starts with the opinion of parents and what they want you to become, and we spent the rest of our lives fulfilling their dreams. But think about it, being an olympian and being known All over the world and the country is not a bad idea!. It results also in the subsequent rewards, recognitions and better opportunities as well!

Food for thought

Cheers

Olympian Indian :P

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've always believed this!!

Its the right attitude. Parents should encourage their child's dream, not thrust on them what society at large defines as 'acceptable professions' or their own personal failings at becoming doctors or lawyers or business executives 'cuz they're all make out of ticky-tacky and they all look just the same!'

Sangeeta R. Goswami said...

Hiii,Nikunj

me and some of my frnds hv started an E-magazine called Reader's Quotient it is totally for a noble cause, I came across ur blog in my quest to search excellent writers and felt worth inquire if u shall be willing to come along us ?

If yes pls contact us on sangeeta.goswami@readersquotient.com

regds sangeeta
www.readersquotient.com