Friday, May 4, 2007

Truly Malaysia - EYLN - The XP !!






" A Long Journey Starts with a single Step, a step forward, a step in the right direction, a step towards the destination "

I dont know how much sense does this make to you, but it does to me, i have embarked on a journey of rediscovering myself, and to do what i always loved to do, TRAVEL !!... all by my own.... to lands never visited before, to meet people never met before, and to gain invaluable experiences that would for sure have a binding efect on my personality and future.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls (True SRK Style :) ), welcome to the adventure that would leave you excited, astonished, happy and a lot of mixed emotions
(hopefully :) )

The Delay in getting the passport :
It s
tarted of shakily as my passport arrived at 12 midnight and i had a plane to catch at 2, so we were waiting at the jet airways cargo division to collect the passport, and it was nice of the travel agent to have arranged that in the last moment, so all anxious moments were over and I was about the begin my hyped up, awaited, Trip to Malaysia and Singapore, 1st time not for a holiday, but for a conference and work !!

The Tiring Journey:
yeah it was tiring, i had planned that i will play cricket on board, sort out those case studies, listen to m
usic, but cudnt do all of them. the Flight was smooth, but i guess the emotions of the farewell got to me, and i was feeling damn tired, was constantly listening to my cutie pie :), but after the food got off to sleep, stupid THai Airways dosent even have a movie viewing screen like Singapore Airlines !!... so got bored.. The wait at the Bangkok airport was tooo much, i touched down bangkok at 5AM and my flight was at 9 ~!... 4 hrs loooong wait.... so did TP for an hour, roamed about these looooooooooong and neverrrrrrrrrrr ending modern hi tech airports !!... man... i know people who have been abroad will agree with

me but these are like H U G E airports, all of them , KL, BKK, and SIngapore, more a shopping mall , entertainment center and less an airport. Anyways, slept at the airpot too and finally got

onto the plane. So now the food menance starts and the veg food on flight is yukkkk it smells of chicken all over, so i prefer to have a Coke instead and try to sleep.

The Arrival and Reception:
Well, fianally i touched down KL at 12 PM and boarded the KIA Train to the city, look at these pics to believe what a beautiful coutryside it has and the state of the art airports !!.. As promised Thivina was there to recieve me at the station with Daniel , her successor, they were very very sweet, and recieved me well,
Daniel and Thivina - Perfect Hosts :)

i got my KL - Sin tickets
done, and spoke throught the journey about AIESEC, Malaysia, India, Student life etc etc. God, AIESEC is


UKM STATION


so simila
r everywhere, you cant get a more global and MNC type org than this.. trust me !!
THivina drove me to my house and i met Boye, the OCVP Logistics, and got to see my room, sm

THE VIEW FROM MY ROOM !!

all but nice, the only problem is its on teh top floor, without lifts, 5
floors and it has no attached bathroom. But such are ways to learn and come out from luxury and adapt.. i am loving each and every moment of this !!.. Right now chilling in my room, will play cricket for sometime, and then go out to chill with Thivina and the others, have Faci meet in the night, so looking forward for work to kick start !! Will keep you guys posted with pics, vids and much more..

This is just the start !

Do comment


Yours in Malaysia !!


Niks

1 comment:

Varun Pachisia said...

Hey Niks........nic to know that you finally managed to get your hands on "your passport".....hehe.....i jus hope this whole XP is really nice n u learn outta it.......do keep us updated on the trip....n make the most of it.....nice pics though.......n thnx for keepin it short as promised........ catchya back in cal.....cheer$...:)